UPDATE for 2017-2018
We currently have OPENINGS IN THE
2-Day, 3-Day, & Pre-K Classes
Admission Info for 2017-18 Newly Enrolling Families
- Application for the 2017-2018 school year will be accepted beginning October 5th, 2016.
- Families new to My School Preschool are required to tour the school and meet with the Executive Director, Cat Boren. These meetings build understanding of the school’s goals and ensure a good family/school fit. This is the first step toward building a strong community of families whose focus is on supporting a strong early childhood education program for all the children who attend My School Preschool. Tours can be arranged by calling the school directly. It is our policy to give scheduled group tours,for grown-ups ONLY, to avoid classroom disruption, and to allow proper time for a quality experience.
- Submission of an application is a request for admission and is not a binding contract. A non-refundable application fee* of $150.00 ($50.00 per additional child), is required in order to process this application. When we have received your completed application form, accompanied by the $150.00 application fee, your child will be placed in our pool of applicants for the 2017-2018 school year. Check should be made payable to My School Preschool.
- All new applicants, will be given consideration in filling our classes. Preferential consideration is based on, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- Children who are re-registering/returning
- Class availability
- Currently enrolled families enrolling a sibling
- Age of Child
- Alumni families
- Gender balancing of classes
- New families enrolling more than one child
- Teacher's observations from a child's class room visit day(s) (this will not apply to everyone)
In order to maintain our program integrity, we strive to create classes that are age and gender balanced to provide your child with the most enriching experience possible.
Applications received or postmarked after the due date (please contact us for the date) will be considered as spaces become available and are subject to the previously listed criteria (see above).
While we would like to be able to offer admission to all of our applicants, it may not be possible. If we do not have a space, your child will be placed on a wait list and may remain on the wait list for the duration of the school year. We will advise you when and if a space becomes available.
If we do have a space for your child in one of our classes, you will receive a Letter of Acceptance--these letters will be mailed on February 15th, 2017. In the spirit of fairness, we are unable to verbally, or via email, confirm placement before February 22nd, 2016.
If we are unable to place your child for the 2017-2018 school year, you will receive a phone call and a formal follow-up letter. Please know, we strive to include every child in our program, it is very disappointing and difficult for us to inform families that they are wait-listed, we try to contact families as soon as possible, and will make every effort to keep the lines of communication open throughout the whole process.
*All fees and tuition payments are non-refundable.
WE DO NOT HAVE AN ELECTRONIC ADMISSIONS APPLICATION
We hope to meet and get to know each family in person!